Did you know that many Australian businesses are actually eligible for help with ISO 9001 Certification through a government-funded Business Growth Grant (part of the Australian Government’s Entrepreneurs’ Programme)?
The Business Growth Grant is designed to help improve specific areas of a business such as ISO 9001 Certification, where recommended by a facilitator. Note: to apply for a Business Growth Grant you need to have a facilitator prepare a plan with this recommendation.
The grant must be used to improve the ability and skills of your business to trade. For instance, you can engage Streamline ISO Certification Consultants to help develop and implement an ISO 9001 Quality Management System. The grant cannot be used to fix problems that are part of the normal business operations.
How much funding is available?
You can get up to 50% of eligible project costs. The minimum grant amount is $2500 (excluding GST). The maximum amount is $20,000 (excluding GST).
Businesses can only apply once for this grant, and it must be used within one year to implement some or all of the recommendations in the action plan (ie ISO 9001 Certification).
What industries does the funding target?
The Business Management initiative is targeted at Australia’s 5 Growth Sectors.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Food and Agribusinesses
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Mining Equipment, Technology, and Services
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources
What are the intended outcomes?
The intended outcomes of funding for the business funding grant are:
- improved management skills
- improved business systems and process
- improved ability to identify and leverage growth opportunities
- extended business networks to increase market and supply chain participation
- improved business performance
- which together will increase your business’s capability to trade in Australian markets and/or markets in other countries.
Who is eligible for ISO 9001 funding?
To be eligible you must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be registered for GST
- and, be one of the following entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia or
- an incorporated trustee applying on behalf of a trust.
- Have the intent and opportunity to engage in or increase trade in Australian markets and/or markets in other countries, or (for the supply chain facilitation stream) have the intent and opportunity to engage in trade with a purchaser so as to directly and demonstrably contribute to or enhance its trade in Australian markets and/or markets in other countries.
- Have an annual turnover or operating expenditure within the following range in the current or previous two financial years
- between $1.5 million and $100 million, or
- between $750,000 and $100 million if you are from Remote Australia or Northern Australia2
- Have operated in Australia and filed business activity statements showing ongoing trading in at least three consecutive years.
ISO Management Systems that may be eligible for government funding
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems
- ISO 55001 Asset Management Systems
- ISO 17025 Testing & Calibration for Laboratories
- ISO 27001 Information Security
- ISO 22000 HACCP Food Safety
- CSIRO PCCP Certification
For further information on Government funding opportunities for ISO Certification please use the form to the right and one of our ISO Management System Consultants will contact you within one business day. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact us directly by emailing [email protected] or by calling:
- Brisbane ISO Certification 07 3667 8280
- Sydney ISO Certification 02 8315 7780
- Melbourne ISO Certification 03 9034 3990
We look forward to hearing from you and answering any questions you may have.